Saturday, November 19, 2011

Half Ironman Training is Almost Here

It is almost here, and I am going to try to blog more than I have been in the past few months. If you know me, I have been know to run half marathons and full marathons, and I have one triathlon under my belt. I am signed up to do the Ironman New Orleans on April 22, 2012 and I am very excited about it.
For those of you that do not know, I also live with celiac disease. If you don't know what that is, it basically means that I can't eat anything that has gluten in it. I have to stay away from pretty much anything that most of you eat on a daily basis. This includes, breads, pastas, fried chicken, and pretty much and yummy deserts that you can think up. I have looked for blogs to help me train with a gluten free diet, but there are not many out there so I have decided to try to incorporate that into this blog. Maybe it will help someone out there. I plan to show some of my favorite gluten free dishes and tricks that I have learned over the years of living a Gluten Free lifestyle. There will be descriptions and pictures of some of the meals that I create over the next 20 weeks of training.

Training begins December 5th 2012, thats is the 2 year anniversary of my 1st full marathon!

1 comment: