Monday, January 11, 2010

Coast to Coast Challenge


Well Disney does this "coast to coast challenge" every year. The challenge is that you run a race at disneyland in california and at disney world in Florida all in the same year and you receive a special "coast to coast challenge medal".... what i didn't realize when I signed up for my two races this year is that they had to be in the same calendar year. Thats right, I do not get the special medal for something because I did my first one at Disneyland in September of 2009 and I did my other one in January of 2010. I personally think that mine was much more difficult than doing them in the same calendar year, but whatever. Rules are rules.

So I got two medals out of the three. That's OK, this just pushes me to go for the one year Disney four medals in one year starting next January!
The first being the Disney World Half Marathon in Orlando, FL.
The second being the Disney World Full Marathon in Orlando,FL the day after the half.
The third being the combination of those two also known as the "Goofy Challenge" yes thats 39.3 miles in two days.
The fourth being the Disneyland Half Marathon in Anaheim, CA in September of the same year.

Bring it Disney!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the medal. That's just wrong! I may try to join you in 2011 for the Goofy. I've been wanting to that it for a long time, but I've been a little obsessed with BQ'ing so couldn't do it. I'll be thinking about it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hardware! I think you just have to try again for the other medal (ha ha). Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete