Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Running Log

5 miles out on the Longleaf Trace
Time: No Idea
Pace: No Idea

OK, so I know it has been like 3 weeks since I have put a run log on here. Trust me I feel terrible about not running in the past few weeks, but I think that it was a well needed break. I have been back in the gym, went snowboarding and even been taking a night class. It's not like I haven't been busy. I felt great on my run today with Terri and Jenny. We ran a slow steady pace and it felt good not to worry about time for once. They will be running the New Orleans Half Marathon this weekend. Jenny will be running as a parasite. I have been thinking about running with a friend of mine that has been training with the "team in training" in New Orleans for this for awhile. Her name is Brittany Taylor. This poor girl decided about 6 months ago that she was going to do the full marathon, and has had nothing but bad luck ever since. She had IT band problems, the swine flu and most recently a car crash that has left her with whiplash. She has decided to run the half (due to obvious reasons), and I think I might join her as a parasite myself. This will be the first run that I am not doing for myself, and I think that I might really enjoy running to support someone else. We may go slow, hell we may even walk a little, but I really want to show my support to her on this run . I still have not decided yet if my legs really want me to do it, but we will see. I also have another friend Jessica Dye that will be running her first half marathon. She has been training really hard and I am really proud of her also! Good luck to all of my girls this weekend. I hope that everyone has a great time!

Also, good luck to Dawn going for yet another full marathon!
Also, good luck to Jennifer.... this is the first full marathon..... is it going to get you a tattoo???
Also, good luck to Kevin one my my old college brothers that is trying to qualify for Boston!
Also, good luck to any and all of you pine belt pacers that are running this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. thanks chris! i think you running with your friend for support would be wonderful. i had someone do that for me in marathon once (he did probably 18-20 miles), and it meant the world to me! this weekend, i'm partnering up with a childhood friend and running for fun with him, it's his second. i'm looking forward to just fun, no pressure! we'll see you down there!

    ReplyDelete