Saturday, February 20, 2010

St. Jude Marathon Tattoo... Phase 2

Phase 2
02.19.2010


Well this is the end of phase two. This section is the cover up of the old tattoo. This was about 3.5 hours of pure pain, and I am very glad that we got this out of the way first! It looks really good. I am so pleased with the work that Vic has done on my tattoo. I still have a long way to go, but it is nice to see the progress that is taking place.




Here are some pictures taken from Brittany and Jenny's iphone during the tattoo.

getting the stencil

stencil on and ready for some ink

working on the outline

outline complete, now let's fill that bad boy in.... good bye old tattoo!

3.5 hours later! Not complete, but that is all of the pain that I could stand for tonight!

4 comments:

  1. been waiting on these pictures! jenny has been telling me about it during some of our long runs recently. very cool! excited to see the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are brave! I have lots of drawings I have done for my first tattoo but still need the guts to do it. It's supposed to be in celebration of my first ever marathon, which is next Sunday, so I don't have many excuses! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn - There is a lot to come on this tattoo. Jenny and Terri told me that you were wanting to see what was next. It is a journey for me also.

    Jennifer - I think when you finish next weekend you will have no excuses. I have quite a few tattoos prior to this one, but when I ran St. Jude I knew I had to get something to remember that one. It was the most amazing race of my life. It was my first marathon (definitely not my last) and was one of the most emotional days of my life just know what I was running it for. Good luck to you next week. I am not going to be running in New Orleans, but I will be there to cheer you guys on. If you need a good tattoo artist check out this guy that is doing mine. Great artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. chris, definitely interested to see the progress! after my 'world's smallest tattoo' (according to the artist who did it), i'm definitely interested in more one day! what and when, who knows!

    jen, do it, do it, do it!!!! after your first marathon is the best time to go for it. you'll have such a memorable experience, like chris, and i believe it's already made an impact on your life. looking forward to seeing you finish next weekend!

    ReplyDelete