Saturday, March 13, 2010

Half and Full Marathon Year in Review

Half and Full Marathon Year in Review

February 01, 2009
Mardi Gras Half Marathon
New Orleans, LA

Time: 1:49:19 PR
Pace: 8:20
This was my first ever half marathon. Can't believe that this personal record has held up all year.


September 06, 2009
Disneyland Half Marathon
Anaheim, CA

Time: 1:51:16
Pace: 8:29
Was expecting a personal record the weeks before until I came down with the swine flu. The doctor said he could get me feeling better by the race, but told me not to expect a great race time. I still tried, but like he said it was not fun. Great race, just hate that I felt like poop.


December 05, 2009
St. Jude Full Marathon
Memphis, TN

Time: 4:03:33 PR
Pace: 9:17
Trained hard for this race. Followed the book, "4 months to a 4 hour marathon." This book prepared me well for a 4 hour marathon. What I wasn't prepared for was the hills that were in Memphis! I was extremely happy with this time for my first official full marathon. Planning on getting under 4 hours this year.


January 10, 2010
Disney World Half Marathon
Orlando, Fl

Time: 2:04:13
Pace: 9:28
Terrible time, but a fun run. A lot of people at this race made it really hard to even attempt a personal record, so I decided to slow down and enjoy the scenery. Thinking I might have to try the Goofy Challenge next year. 13.1 on Saturday and 26.2 on Sunday.


February 28, 2010
Inaugural Mardi Gras Rock n Roll Half Marathon
New Orleans, LA

Time: 2:33:35 unofficially due to the fact that I wasn't officially registered for the race.
Pace: 11:43
I ran this race with my friend Brittany to provide her with support. It was so much fun to run and not worry about pace and personal records. I was supporting someone that really needed it, that is what this sport is really all about. Too bad some people run all of their lives and never
experience what I experienced that day!

3 comments:

  1. congratualtions on your accomplishments! I came across your blog while looking up race reports from the Disneyland Half. I am looking to do it this year. Any words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man thanks for reading my blog. As for Disney World, it is a fun race but don't expect to post any personal records. There are just too many people there. It was a very enjoyable race and I am planning on doing it again this year. Except I will be running the goofy challenge instead of just running the half. You doing the half or full?

    I just re-read what you said. You are doing Disneyland Half. It was a really good race. The weather was perfect. My words of wisdom would be, don't get the swine flu a week before the race! Ha! It made that 13.1 really tough to run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again for running the mardi gras with me! I couldn't have done it without you! Can't wait to cheer you on in November! -Brit

    ReplyDelete