Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13,2010 Run Log

March 13,2010

~ Life is a marathon, not a sprint. This means you must balance, prioritize, and pace yourself. ~ unknown author

6 mile run on the Longleaf Trace.
Time: 54:18
Pace: 9:03
The Break Down:
Mile 1: 8:51 a little faster than I wanted to start.
Mile 2: 9:03 better, if I can stay here I am happy.
Mile 3: 9:13 not bad, I am supposed to be between 9:00 and 9:30. Still running strong and feeling good.
Mile 4: 9:05
Mile 5: 9:02
Mile 6: 9:00 good finish. My body is definately not use to this, but I am getting it back.

Had a great run this morning. The weather was in the upper 40's. Accomplished what I set out to do. Actually I ran it a loittle faster than I expected, but stayed in my zone that was laid out for me. One week down, 34 weeks to go until San Antonio Full Marathon.

Week 35 totals:
Run: 18 miles
Bike: 10 miles

3 comments:

  1. good start! i hope i get some extra motivation from your determination! boston is my goal too!!! we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dawn, you could get to boston! you have been doing this longer than i have. i know you have the want and desire to get there. if you ever want to join me on a run feel free. i know you want to run at the same pace that terry told me that i have to do my long runs. hope you had a good run this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that the football schedule is out, which determines my work schedule for the fall, i can start picking out my fall race. i want to do st george, which is where ginny BQ'd in a big way, but i don't think i can this year because of work. but, all that said, i would like to jump in and run some with you, especially if we're going to be hitting the same paces. first, i need to get back in shape. :) i might have to email terry myself.

    ReplyDelete