Sunday, April 17, 2011

Long Run

Yesterday I went for a long run with Jenny (hello jenny), Dawn (dawn will run) and Vicki. We started at the Gateway on the Longleaf Trace. Vicki ran out 2 miles with us and then turned around to get 4 miles for the day. Jenny, Dawn and I ran to Jackson Road grabbed some water and headed back. It was a beautiful clear morning, the temperature was in the low 50's and the conversation was great! We made it back to the gateway to make it 8 miles total. Jenny wanted to do 8 today and Dawn and I wanted to do 12, so we turned back and finished our last 4 miles. We were not out today to set any records, we were strictly out there to get some base miles in. Dawn and I talked a lot about how excited we are to have some major goals in place for this year with our training. I really enjoyed today's run, it is nice to be running again for a reason. I know that I have a lot of hard work ahead of me to reach the goal of an Ironman, but I feel that at this point in my life I am ready for the challenge. I can't wait to see how Dawn's training pays off for her. She is doing exactly what Coach James (powermultisport) is telling her and I have never seen her more excited. I can't wait to see how well she does in the Huston Marathon this year. Our goal today was to do 12 miles at about a 9:30 to 10:00 pace. Here is what was on my Garmin:
Distance: 12.04
Total Time: 1:54:57
Pace: 9:33

Great run this morning. Enjoying the last few chances to run in cool weather.

Week totals:
Bike: 9.28 miles (partly on the ground)
Run: 20.08

No comments:

Post a Comment