Sunday, May 1, 2011

Training

New Photo Jenny and I tried with today. I needed one for my new website.

I know, I know I have not posted in 2 weeks on here, so I must make up for lost time. I have been working extremely hard with photography for the past few weeks, so when I have not been training, I have been working. I have kept up with my training so here it is.
For the week of Monday April 18 thru Sunday April 24th:
Running: 23.1 miles
Swimming: about 500 yds
Bike: 100.1 miles

For the week of Monday, April 25 thru Sunday, May 1st:
Running: 20.16 miles
Swimming: zero, yes I said zero.....
Bike: 63.20 miles

OK so week one was a little better than week two, BUT in week two I did my first "long" ride on my bike of over 2 hours. I also got off the bike after the long ride and ran 2 miles. This is something that James (powermultisport) told me to do. It was a lot harder than I expected. Well, I would not call it hard, but it was different. My legs felt really crazy for about a mile and a half, but then started to feel better. As for the swimming. I have decided that I am joining a masters class that will take place on MWF from 12:00 to 1:00. I have not wanted to get into the water too much and take the chance of learning a bunch of bad habits, so I decided to wait until the class starts in the next few weeks and learn from people that know what they are doing.

2 comments:

  1. awesome photo!

    welcome back to blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool photo! Good job on the brick. A rule of thumb is it takes about 12 minutes for your legs to ‘open up’ after a challenging bike ride. After that first mile / mile and a half you should be able to run close to normal.

    I have thought about a cool photo on a bike trainer in a similar bike setting. Let’s talk when I get back in town (I’ back in Boston all this week for work).

    Oh yeah, I really started to feel the heat again today. I got 50 on the bike and then a fast 3 on the run (I wanted further but – you know).

    ReplyDelete