Monday, February 21, 2011

Saturday's Long Run

So I woke up on Saturday morning trying to decided if I was actually going to get my lazy butt out of bed and meet Dawn, Terri and Vicki for a long run. I was pretty tired from shooting the USM baseball game the night before (pics of that to come soon), and I was fighting off sinus issues that kept me rolling around all night. After getting out of bed at 5:30, letting the dogs out and sipping down my first cup of coffee, I decided that a little 8 mile long run might make me feel a little better.
I met the girls at USM Gateway station where Vicki told me that she planned on running 12 miles. I decided that I could probably pound out 12 miles with them because I really didn't feel like running alone today. The first mile was pretty tough to get going, and our ace was pretty slow, this gave me time to get my body going. I realized fast that this was going to be a good day of running for me. I felt strong, and my sinuses were actually clearing up. We finished the 12 mile run on the Trace and I still felt great! This is where Dawn and Terri said that they had 6 more miles on the Avenues to run so that they could get their 18 mile marathon training in for the week. I don't know why, but I decided that I would do it with them.... What the hell?!
We finished the run very strong, and I had a great run with them. Our final time was 2:51:41 and the pace was 9:32. Pretty impressive considering I went out this morning to do 8 miles!

Time to refuel with Mugshots burger, beer and USM baseball, Great day!

"You are asked to go a mile, you privilege is to be able to give more." - Steve Ramp

2 comments:

  1. I still say you are ready for Snickers. Ha!

    You captured the essence of the game. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 miles is the easy part. It's after those miles that my body fights with me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete