Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back In The Pool

March 01, 2011
7:05 a.m.

Today I got back into the pool to "try" to swim again. I was pretty sick last week so opted to not swim. It wasn't hard to talk myself out if that. I don't like this swimming thing too much. I just wish I could get it down without feeling like I smoked a pack of cigarettes after doing 50m. Sooner or later it will all click.....I hope.
This is what I did today:
1x50
2x25 with kick-board and fins
4x25
2x25 with kick-board and fins
2x25

Now I am in the gym doing a chest workout. Crazy that I would rather be doing weights than swimming.

1:19 p.m.
I decided to go to the trace for a quick 3 mile run during lunch today. My goal was to have negative splits and keep my last mile under eight minutes.
Here is what I did:
3 miles
Total Time: 24:35
Avg. Pace: 8:12
Mile 1: 8:53
Mile 2: 8:06
Mile 3: 7:35

Pretty good day today, back to work!

2 comments:

  1. I would rather do strength training than swim - any day. But the weights don't make you faster in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faster in the water? HA! I would just like to be able to breath and make it farther than 50m!

    ReplyDelete