Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lunch Break Run

So I decided this afternoon at lunch to go get a 4 mile run in. I love days like today. This morning I reluctantly got out of bed to go to spin class and ended up feeling great during the class. Maybe even the best that I have felt at a spin class. Then during my run this afternoon, that I was only going to do 4 miles during, I ended up doing 7 miles.
My goal today was not to break any records, but to simply "feel" my pace. I like to try this from time to time. I will run a pace that feels good to me without looking at my Garmin until it beeps at me. That's when I look down to see what the mile was. All I can say is that today blew my mind, I must have been feeling really good! Here is what my run was.....
7 miles on the Longleaf Trace starting at Jackson Rd.
Total Time: 59:46
Avg. Pace 8:32
Mile 1: 9:00
Mile 2: 8:30
Mile 3: 8:30
Mile 4: 8:28
Mile 5: 8:24
Mile 6: 8:26
Mile 7: 8:25
I wish I could hold that pace for 26.2 miles

1 comment:

  1. keep doing runs of this distance and longer and at that pace, you will be able to do it for 26.2 miles.

    ReplyDelete