Thursday, March 3, 2011

Missed Swim Again

9:15 a.m.
The alarm goes off at 5:00 this morning, I roll over and immediately turn it off and fall back to sleep. Why is it that I cannot get motivated to swim? If I was getting up to run, lift weights or to go to spin class, I jump (well maybe not jump) out of bed and get ready to go. I guess it is because I just cant seem to get this swimming stuff, and it feels like i never will. I hear from all of these tri guys out there that the swimming was the worst part for them to learn. They all keep telling me to stick with it, and it will come to me.... What I hear them saying is, "blah, blah, blah, blah!" You know like the adults in a Charlie Brown cartoon. It's not that I have bad form in the water, at least that is what I have been told, it's the fact that I can't get this damn breathing down! I mean I struggle to make it 50 meters. That's just plain sad considering I grew up on the beach in Florida surfing my whole life. I mean, swimming on a surfboard is easy. Take that surfboard away and I freak out. Do you think the people in an Ironman would mind if I used my surfboard during the swim? Uugggghhhhhh, I am just frustrated! I am sure it will come in time, I just hate feeling like I am failing at something. If you know me, you know that failing at a sport is not my style!

On the brighter side, I made it to the gym this morning to lift. I did tri's and ab's today.

Think I am going to go run with the wife today and not worry about my speed at all. It's nice to slow down sometimes and just enjoy someones company while I run.

6:00 p.m.
Jenny and I went and did a good 5 mile run today on the Longleaf Trace
Total Time: 47:36
Avg. Pace: 9:31

No comments:

Post a Comment